- Castro v City of New York
Appellate court holds that a city employee asserting a whistleblower claim is not required to notify the city in writing of his claim within 90 days of the retaliatory action.
- Plaintiffs' verdict on all causes of action in wage and hour trial involving claims of minimum wage and overtime under NY State and Federal law against restaurant on behalf of four plaintiffs.
- Seven-figure settlement on race discrimination case against major medical provider.
- High six-figure settlement on prevailing wage case on behalf of 6 plaintiffs against local construction company.
- High six-figure settlement in wage and hour class action on behalf of 9 building superintendents and class.
- Mid six-figure settlement in single plaintiff sexual harassment case against high profile restaurant and owner.
- Mid six-figure settlement in single plaintiff age and disability discrimination case against construction company.
- Mid six-figure settlement in race, national origin, and retaliation case against prominent religious not-for-profit entity on behalf of two plaintiffs.
- Mid six-figure settlement in FMLA and gender discrimination case involving hostile work environment and disparate treatment claims against major financial institution on behalf of senior level executive.
- Won motion to hold that immigration status is irrelevant in FLSA wage cases.
- Won motion to conditionally certify a collective action under the FLSA of all building superintendents employed by defendant.
- Won motion to conditionally certify a collective action under the FLSA of all drivers, helpers, and other employees performing similar duties employed by defendant.
- Won motion to conditionally certify a collective action under the FLSA of all bartenders and bar backs in case against large night club.
Serrins Fisher LLP was dissolved effective September 1, 2016. Liane Fisher and Michael Taubenfeld are happy to announce their new practice, Fisher Taubenfeld LLP. To reach Alan Serrins please call (212) 384-0202.